|Tourism: Creating a Brilliant Blend
Hosted by the School of Management at the University of South Australian in Adelaide, the 2011 Council for Australian University Tourism and Hospitality Education (CAUTHE) annual conference will make a conscious attempt to create a link with the environment and tourism products of the host state. It will enable the Committee to showcase the diversity of the local tourism and hospitality industries and the people who work, teach and research in these areas. Significantly it will also allow the creation of of a series of themes that will be universal in their relevance and of interest to scholars throughout Australian and internationally.
Use of the term Brilliant makes possible a focus on striving for excellence and visibility. This combination can be used to make scholarly outcomes more influential. The notion of a Brilliant Blend has implications for the produce and service mix that is needed to make destinations successful and to achieve optimum tourist experiences for different types of tourists. The perspective of a Blend can also be used to analyse academic issues associated with:
- Disciplinary underpinnings of tourism studies.
- Multidisciplinary approaches to the analysis of tourism phenomena and their practical applications
- Interrelationships between tourism and hospitality and closely related areas of study (leisure, sport, recreation, the arts etc)
- The mix of skills needed to effectively communicate with academic colleagues, industry practitioners and political decision-makers
Special features of CAUTHE 2011
The conference will:
- Go back to its university roots - the main venue is in the centre of the city of Adelaide at the City West Campus of the University of South Australia
- Offer registration fees at current, or lower, levels without compromising quality
Provide opportunities for flexible presentations
- Have a range of exciting keynote speakers and panels
- Hold a half day of the conference off site - in the beautiful Adelaide Hills
- Encourage delegates to experience our magnificent South Australian food and wine
- Offer a dinner to celebrate CAUTHE's 21st birthday on the final night
- Celebrate 21 years of annual CAUTHE conferences
We look forward to welcoming colleagues to Adelaide in February 2011.
Chair, CAUTHE 2011
|Host organisation and major sponsor|
|Platinum Sponsor & Satchel Sponsor|
La Trobe University