Efficient, thoughtful, professional, caring, flexible – this
is how clients have described the award-winning team at Festival City Conventions.
Established in 1985, the company has extensive experience in managing
a wide variety of events from small residential seminars to large national
and international conferences. The company has managed trade shows
of up to 75 booths and coordinated programs of up to 950 abstracts. Its
clients include professional, academic, scientific and agricultural
associations, State and Federal government departments, and corporate
City Conventions provides expert assistance with any aspect of conference
management from initial publicity to post-conference publications.
The company is noted for its highly professional approach, attention to
detail and willingness to co-operate fully with the Organising Committee.
The number of repeat clients and personal referrals testifies to the quality
of its services.
How we can help you
Festival City Conventions’ experience
and wide range of services cover all aspects of conference planning and
management. Our professional
service is individually tailored to suit the needs of each client. FCC
offers each client the choice of a comprehensive package as a total conference
service, or individual elements that can become key components in their
overall conference planning strategy.
This flexibility enables the Organising
Committee to concentrate on chosen areas of expertise, leaving the professionals
to manage and co-ordinate.
We work with our clients from the initial planning stages to ensure each
conference is a successful meeting event.
Customer service philosophy
- Festival City Conventions guarantees the confidentiality
of all information supplied by its clients.
- Festival City Conventions
will advise clients only of those suppliers to the meetings industry
of good character and reputation
- Festival City Conventions takes a
firm stand on commissions and does not accept commissions of any
kind. In an instance where a supplier
gives a discount to Festival City Conventions, this discount is passed on to
you, the client.
- Monies banked into the client’s conference
account remain their property at all times. All interest obtained
on the account is credited
to the account and is retained by the client.
- The conference registration system - “Events” - is secure
and fully auditable
Conference Management Services - Overview
As Conference Managers, we do not make decisions about the nature and content
of your event. This is the prime task of the Organising Committee. Festival
City Conventions is therefore the operational and administrative arm of the
event with the brief to ensure that any decisions made are carried out. We
pride ourselves on our ability to keep committees on track during the planning
Festival City Conventions management services include:
- Venue Selection & Management
- Time, Meetings and Communication
- Financial Management
- Marketing & Promotion
- Design & Printing of Conference Materials
- Web Site Design, Content Management and Promotion
- Sponsorship & Exhibition Management
- Registration & Accommodation
- Conference Program (Speakers & Paper
- Audio-Visual Management
- Social Events
- On-site Management
- Tour & Travel Management
- Post Conference Analysis
There are three stages involved in any conference.
- Concept Planning
In liaison with your Organising Committee, we create
a detailed plan and time schedule in which your conference is to take
- Venue, Accommodation and Travel
Our pre-conference services
cover all aspects of planning and preparation, including all venue,
accommodation and travel arrangements for delegates
and speakers. We can also arrange and manage a social program, including
dinners and other social events.
- Printed Materials and Publicity
We manage all printing and publicity associated with the conference.
This may involve setting up a website, liaising with the media, organising publicity and
publicity materials. We can also arrange the printing of registration
forms, conference programs, speakers’ notes and abstracts, and
We prepare detailed budgets and cost estimates, open conference bank
accounts, and organise all necessary insurance policies.
We handle all correspondence with invited speakers, arranging travel
and accommodation, audio-visual equipment requirements, and ensure
and full papers
are received on time. A comprehensive database tracks abstracts submitted
for concurrent sessions and provides the core information from which
program is built up. Author(s) are contacted about the time and venue
for their presentation and audio-visual equipment requirements are
- Active conference support
We provide support staff for delegate
registration, and make sure that delegates are welcomed warmly and
efficiently. We provide active on-going liaison with
venue and hotel management to ensure that delegates are happy
with all facilities provided. We supervise all meetings and function
rooms, and provide up-to-date
delegate listings for all participants. In liaison with the Organising
Committee, we make sure that the conference proceeds smoothly and
according to plan.
- Finishing touches
Immediately after the event, we ensure that thank-you
letters are prepared and sent to all speakers, sponsors and other key
individuals. We prepare
a final report for the organising body, finalise all accounts
and where required, organise the printing and distribution of
What Our Clients Say
Cooperative, friendly and efficient service is the established culture at FCC. Elisabeth and her staff are always available, approachable, and listen to the client’s wishes. There is meticulous attention to the detail as well as to the overall picture and vision of the organizing committee. Most importantly, information and expertise is shared between Elisabeth and her staff. Thus relevant data and corporate knowledge for the client do not reside in one person. The FCC handling of problems has always been very professional and adroit. Elisabeth has particular expertise in being able to negotiate with all the parties involved in organising meetings. Under FCC guidance and organisation, the time devoted by the organising scientific committee has been reduced dramatically. The Meetings have run smoothly, and I have nothing but the highest praise for FCC, Elisabeth, and her team.
Dr Hugh Greville
Thoracic Society of ANZ Inc (2002 – 2004 ASMs)
- … the appointment of Festival City Conventions was a stroke of genius. Elisabeth Eaton is wonderful – nothing is too much effort and nothing has been left undone. I also have to recognize Elisabeth’s staff who have always been keen to ensure that our demands were recognised and honoured.
Dr B Ian Watson, Immediate Past President
Australian Society of Orthodontists
- I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks and congratulations to you on your part in helping put together a quite superb and most memorable Congress in Adelaide. All the feedback has been extremely positive and everyone seemed to have a wonderful time. I have also received many comments all describing you as an extraordinary PCO. I fully concur!
Ted Crawford, President
Australian Society of Orthodontists
I write on behalf of the planning committee, who I know would want to express their sincere thanks for a job very well done. You have many skills:
- an attention to detail par excellence
- a capacity to take good minutes
- a breadth of experience which you will bring to “amateurs” when they turn up at planned meetings,
- and not least, a patience to deal with people who do not read everything they are sent, or, who are forgetful!
More seriously, we would be delighted to work with you again if such an opportunity arose in the future, and I would certainly want to recommend your organisation for its efficiency and the pleasant way you deal with a range of personalities.
Stephen Matthew, Chair
Australian Anglican Schools Network
- The excellent financial results added to the success of the scientific and social events. I am really very very happy that it all went so well. This is largely due to your and FCC expertise and attention to detail that made my left so easy. Thank you very much!!!”
Johan van der Walt
Society of Paediatric Anaesthetists
- Whilst I am sure the expanded numbers tested the system at times, it certainly did not reflect in the service to our delegates. I heard many compliments about the organisation and the attention to detail for the Scientific Program and social functions…… Your efficiency ensured that we were kept up to date with all information as required…. Lara’s tactful efficiency in raising matters which could have proved embarrassing or somewhat difficult was much appreciated and certainly provided my with a great comfort zone.
ANZ College of Anaesthetists ASM
- Our most important and beneficial decision was in employing Festival City Conventions. Invaluable assistance was provided in the development of planning/action time-lines and the production of concise budget frameworks. Their efficiency and attention to detail were really appreciated, as was the professionalism of their staff. We felt at all times that we were in control and were confident that our conference was well managed and financially viable.
Ms Kay Fillmore
Chair, SUPS Conference